Chateau Du Vigneron
Chateau with 7 bedrooms, 7 bathrooms and swimming pool in Arbis, France
Booking cost: £0.00
Pay onlybooking deposit
From £3,863 per week
Chateau to rent in Arbis, France
Chateau overview - owner's description
Chateau du Vigneron is an impressive estate set amongst vineyard covered hills in the heart of the Bordeaux region. The old ‘chai' dating back to the 13th century.
Chateau du Vigneron is an impressive estate set amongst vineyard covered hills in the heart of the Bordeaux region. The old ‘chai' dating back to the 13th century, and its 18th and 19th century additions, have been painstakingly and beautifully restored to provide spacious and comfortable accommodation of a high standard, overlooking the estate's historic vines.
Some of the vines are 65 years old and the building itself also has historic significance, as it was once part of the estate belonging to the neighboring Chateau, which was once the home of King Henry II of England and his wife Eleanor of Aquitaine.
Guests will be treated to six en-suite bedrooms, a fully fitted, modern kitchen, wine cellar, media room and conservatory, with many charming features such as exposed stone, high ceilings, wooden beams and large open fireplaces.
Outdoors there are three hectares of garden, vineyard and ancient oak forest to enjoy, as well as views over the vineyards and surrounding valley.
Chateau du Vigneron is a working vineyard and the owners are passionate about their soon to be released first vintage, after carefully breathing life back into the estate's abandoned vines of Semillon, Sauvignon Blanc, Merlot and Cabernet Franc.
The area is ideal for walkers, cyclists and holidaymakers looking to take advantage of the many local attractions and stunning scenery. Wine tasting and fantastic restaurants are on your doorstep in and around Saint Emilion, Graves and Sauternes, which are all within easy reach. Beautiful and vibrant Bordeaux, with its new ‘Cite du Vin' is a must-see town and under an hour away.
Chateau du Vigneron is the perfect hilltop hideaway in the heart of a working vineyard, surrounded by vines and rolling hills in the heart of the Bordeaux region, only 30 minutes from Saint Emilion.
Please note that the maximum occupancy is 14 guests, including infants.
- The "Grand Salon" (60m2) with 5 mm high ceilings with exposed oak beams, comprising of: seating area (with fireplace, sofas and chairs sitting up to 14 people comfortably) and formal dining area with large oak table sitting up to 14 people and speakers for the centralised music system throughout this area.
- The Media Room with 60 inch Sat TV with European channels, Netflix and surround sound system, small desk with a printer
- The Conservatory with comfort-able sofas and pool views
- Fully-fitted and fully-equipped kitchen with: open fireplace, large central island, farmhouse table (6 seats), 2 convection and one steam ovens, microwave, induction hob, dishwasher, washing machine and tumble dryer, fridge, freezer, kettle, toaster, coffee machine, breakfast bar, cookware for 18 people, dinnerware, glasses and cutlery for 18 people, tea towels, cleaning materials and dishwasher tablets
- Wine cellar with vaulted ceiling (accessed through a spiral staircase from the kitchen)
- Utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, large freezer and a shower room
- Guest toilet
- Bedrooms 3 with zip beds (can be configured two singles or one king-size bed) and en-suite shower room
- Bedrooms 4 with zip beds (can be configured two singles or one king-size bed) and en-suite shower room
- Bedroom 5 with king size bed, high ceiling, exposed beams and en-suite shower room
- Bedroom 6 with emperor size bed, high ceiling and exposed beams, en-suite bathroom with bath and separate shower
Mezzanine level (overlooking the Grand Salon)
- Bedroom 7 with twin beds
- Master-suite with king size bed, seating area and en-suite bathroom (freestanding bath, separate walk-in shower, double sink unit and large mirror)
- Bedroom 2 with king size bed, ample storage (views over rear garden and oak forest) and en-suite shower room
- Private salt-water swimming pool (shape: rectangular/size: 8x4m/depth: 1.6-1.8m) with security cover and alarm system
- On site vineyard
- Oak forest
- Ample parking
- Terrace with outdoor table, chairs and sofas
- Underfloor heating throughout
- 2 open fireplaces
- Satellite TV with international channels
- Control 4 Surround sound system throughout and with external speakers
- Desk with printer
- High-end 'Miele' kitchen appliances
- All beds are Marriott Hotel beds or zip beds to allow us to meet the needs of different groups
- Shaver points
- Illuminated mirrors
- Table tennis
- Board games
- Fire extinguisher and fire blanket
- Carbon monoxide detectors in the kitchen and Grand Salon
- Smoke detectors throughout the house
- Shutters on all windows
- Waist-height wrought-iron grills on long upstairs windows
- Security alarm
Chateau du Vigneron is located in the very heart of Aquitaine, nestled among the stunning vineyards of Bordeaux and just about half an hour drive from St. Emilion.
The closest town is Cadillac, with a wide choice of amazing restaurants a lively Saturday morning market, a swimming pool, a lido and, of course, a 'Maison de Vins', great for wine-tastings.
Classified as a UNESCO World Heritage Site, Saint Emilion is a beautiful medieval citadel producing one of the worlds favorite wines (don't miss forget to visit its 'Maison du Vin'!), with many excellent restaurants shops and bakeries on cobbled streets.
Bordeaux centre, the fifth largest city in France, is just about 50 mins away. A place full of charm with magnificent old buildings, boutiques, cafes and street markets. A visit to the the interactive museum 'La Cite de Vin" is highly recommended!
The riverside town of Bergerac is also within easy reach. Here, one can admire its gorgeous medieval buildings, have a drink in one of the many open-air cafes, visit the lively Saturday market and even book boat trips up the Dordogne river.
In the whole region you'll also find plenty of outdoor adventures like ballooning, canoeing, biking, hiking. You can also play golf, tennis, tour medieval chateaux, visit prehistoric caves and grottos while learning the region's history. During the summer, there are a variety of events to choose from such as night markets, jazz concerts and a lot more.
If you fancy a lake swim, drive to Lac de Gurson (50km) where you will also find an adventure playground, canoes and picnic areas. A bit further afield, you can reach the coast and spend a day at the enchanting Arcachon bay, home to the highest sand dune in Europe!
Other famous wine areas close by are Sauternes, Graves, Monbazillac and Pomerol. A wine-tasting experience is definitely a must!
This chateau does not have any reviews but the agent has 1 review for their other properties.
This chateau is:
Outside this chateau in Arbis, FranceThis chateau has a pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 20 August 2017
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 17 July 2017 - 13 December 2019: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£917.68 per booking, paid locally
7 bedrooms, Sleeps 14
Internet / WiFi, TV, Satellite / cable
Central heating, Open fire, Car hire optional