Villa with 10 bedrooms, 10 bathrooms and private pool in Annepont, France
From £6,063 per week
Villa to rent in Annepont, France
Set in its own beautiful and secluded grounds, The Millhouse provides exceptional accommodation in the heart of the Charente Maritime countryside.
Share this holiday home
Villa overview - owner's description
Set in its own beautiful and secluded grounds, The Millhouse provides exceptional accommodation in the heart of the Charente Maritime countryside. The relaxing surroundings combine with the charm of this historic mill to provide you with the perfect way to unwind.
The home has ten ensuite bedrooms in total, Wi-Fi throughout and beautiful grounds featuring a stream and rivers, landscaped gardens and wild flowers. There are 9 bedrooms in the main house, available for up to 18 guests whilst a self-contained one-bedroom apartment is also included in the higher rate for an additional two guests.
Memorable evenings can be spent in the beautifully lit dining room where you can gaze at the cleverly designed glass feature overlooking the stream running through the room towards the waterwheel. In the summer, head outside and relax by the poolside cabana, enjoy meals together by the stone-built barbecue or prepare pizzas in the traditional bread oven.
Families are made to feel especially welcome with a wealth of facilities from board games by the cosy fire to table tennis and football, not to mention the lovely children's play area outside. Then of course there is the glorious heated swimming pool with its own kids corner and ample space for grown-ups to relax on the poolside terrace.
Close to the historic towns of Saintes, Cognac, Taillebourg and St Jean D'Angely, the Millhouse is in a wonderful location. It's only forty minutes from the coast where you'll discover wonderful sandy beaches and a strong sense of the region's maritime history. Nearby you can also visit beautiful vineyards and market towns selling local fresh produce and seafood. The Charente Maritime region has an exceptionally sunny climate and is a wonderful area to visit.
The Millhouse, which was voted one of the 25 best villas in Europe by Conde Nast, is the perfect venue for your holiday or French wedding/celebration and the enthusiastic owners will be at hand to help you have a memorable stay.
1) Main House + 1 bedroom in Self-Contained Apartment: 20 pax
2) Main House Only: 18 pax
Four additional beds (suitable for children) can be arranged on request.
Main House Interior (9 en-suite bedrooms)
- Spacious foyer with the main stairway leading to the upper floor giving access to the East and West wing bedrooms
-Large, spacious reception roomswith beautifully furnished contemporary interiors
- Formal dining room, which comfortably seats up to 20 people and a millstream that runs through the house to the Mill-wheel at the rear of the property (there is small wall suitable for seating and viewing the stream via a toughened safety glass viewing panel)
- Open-plan modern kitchen with two dishwashers, large dining table and chairs and doors leading onto the covered wooden decked patio area
- Large salon with traditional Charantais fireplace, three large comfortable sofas and 50" TV with Freesat (just bring your own SKY card), Blu-ray DVD player and a quality music system
- Fully-equipped utility room with washing machine, tumble dryer, disabled toilet, baby bath and cleaning equipment
- Garden room/bedroom with twin beds, a separate downstairs toilet with large shower, vanity unit and hairdryer
- Balcony with two large sofas and well-stocked library
- Five double en-suite bedrooms
- Three twin en-suite bedrooms
Self-contained Apartment (for two guests)
Lounge with a 42'' flat screen TV, blue-ray DVD player and two single beds
Large 12 x 6m salt water, heated swimming pool (from May to end-October) with an attached 4x3m kids pool and automatic safety cover
- Wooden decked patio area with a large table and chairs and poolside cabana
- Charentais stone built BBQ and Weber Genesis gas BBQ
- Pizza oven
- Wide sun and shaded terraces with extensive grounds
- Solar heated pool shower
- Children's playground: swing set, slide, trampoline
Grounds feature stream and two small rivers
- 50" plasma TV with Freesat (just bring your own SKY card), Blu-ray DVD player and a quality music system
- 42'' flat screen TV with blue-ray DVD player
- CD player with iPod docking system
- Gym equipment: step machine, small weights, gym fitness ball
- Garden games: badminton, table tennis table
- Baby equipment: two cots, baby bath, bath toys and two cots and highchairs
- Wii games
- Billiard table
- Board games
- Books and magazines
Close to the historic towns of Saintes, Cognac, Taillebourg, St Jean D'Angely and only 40 minutes from lovely beaches in the area, the Millhouse is in a wonderful location. There is easy access to Angouleme, the capital of the Charente, the major train stations, international airports, and only 4 hours from St Malo ferry port.
The Charente Maritime region is exceptionally sunny, and has its own micro climate as a result of the Azores' anticyclone, making for mild springs and pleasant autumns. Along its 470 kilometers of coastline, the Charente Maritime has around 110 beautiful sandy beaches. Needless to say, seafood is a speciality here. It is steeped in culture and history and boasts 500 years of Maritime history from the imposing outline of Fort Boyard to the stocky coastal fortifications of La Rochelle. Inland and around the area it boasts over 400 stunning Romanesque churches. It is a place where the land meets the sea and is reflected in the beautiful shades of the wooden shutters adorning the honey coloured sandstone houses.
The house sits among the farms and vineyards that produce the famous Pineau Charente aperitif grapes which produce a sweet wine and is located approximately 14 kilometers from the main Saintonge city of Saintes (saintonge means saintes area). Saintes was originally a roman town situated on the banks of the Charente river. At most times during the year there are various festivals and markets selling local produce, fresh fish, seafood,poultry, fruit and vegetables.
The nearest major airport would be Bordeaux (Merignac Airport) which is about 1-1/2 hrs drive away. La Rochelle a slightly smaller airport is located 45 minutes drive away and there are many budget airlines flying from the UK to La Rochelle.
Paris is about 4-1/2 hours drive from the mill. The mill is also accessible via TGV trains from Paris and the nearest station is Saintes or St Jean D'Angely. Both towns are about 15 - 20 minutes drive away.
This villa does not have any reviews but the agent has 12 reviews for their other properties.
This villa is:
Outside this villa in Annepont, FranceThis villa has a pool, a barbecue and a children pool.
Prices and availability
Updated 20 July 2019
- Your booking
- Available start/end date
Select your travel dates on the calendar
Changeover days and minimum stays
- 22 July - 30 August 2019: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 31 August - 18 December 2019: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 19 December 2019 - 3 January 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 4 January - 12 June 2020: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 13 June - 28 August 2020: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 29 August - 16 December 2020: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 17 December 2020 - 1 January 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 2 January - 11 June 2021: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 12 June - 27 August 2021: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
- 28 August - 15 December 2021: the minimum stay is 4 nights.
- 16 December 2021 - 20 July 2022: changeover day is Saturday and the minimum stay is 7 nights.
Refundable Breakage Deposit
£1,000.00 per booking, paid locally
10 ensuite bedrooms, Sleeps 20
10 bathrooms including 10 en suites
Private pool with electric heating
DVD/Blu-ray player, Internet / WiFi, Satellite / cable
Central heating, Open fire
Snooker / pool table, Table tennis
Agency From London, United Kingdom Member since Apr 2015
Past bookings: 31 bookings
Response rate: 91%
Response time: within 24 hours
Last seen: 2 days ago
Number of properties: over 1,000