9 Photos to Inspire a Holiday to Crete
There is a magical vibe to the Greek Island of Crete. Perhaps it's the mythical landscape, covered in ancient ruins and old stone churches built into the cliffs? Or perhaps it's the almost supernatural quality of the clear turquoise seas surrounding it?
Either way there is something special about Crete, the largest of the Greek Islands, and here are 9 photos to prove it...
1. The coastal town of Agios Nikolaos glitters as its colourful buildings reflect off the water
2. Catch a horse and cart, then sit back and relax as you're guided through the city of Chania
3. ...and make sure you watch the glowing sunset behind the famous lighthouse in Chania
4... and find calm in Chania's charming old orthodox church of Saint Nicholas the Wonderworker which is built into the rock
5. Crete's countryside is scattered with pretty white windmills
6. There are natural wonders to be discovered by those who like to explore, like these amazing caves with a sea view
7. Crete's varied terrain makes it a beautiful playground for hikers
8. The island is surrounded by crystal-clear turquoise waters...
9. ... and the sea is warm enough to swim in pretty much all year round!
If you've been enchanted by this magical Greek Island, then have a browse through our catalogue of villas in Crete...