7 Incredible Landmarks In Greece You Have To Visit
Thinking of a holiday in Greece conjures up images of tavernas, aquamarine seas, beautiful beaches, whitewashed villas and stunning landmarks full of wonder and history. This is a destination home to one of the worlds most fascinating ancient civilisations, leaving plenty to be discovered. Here are 7 landmarks you simply HAVE to see...
1. The wonderful Parthenon Temple in Athens Acropolis - a symbol of ancient Greek civilisation.
2. Most famously found in Mykonos, the windmills in Cyclades have become a traditional icon of these brilliant islands.
3. This deeply spiritual location is found in Meteora and was built by monks on top of captivating rock formations.
4. Surrounded by stunning mountain and forestry, the Sanctuary of Delphi was a considered the cultural centre of ancient Greece.
5. Greece's most adored beach, Navagio in Zakynthos was made famous for its gorgeous rocky cliffs, white sand and rusted shipwreck.
6. First walled in the 6th century BC, the Acropolis of Lindos in Rhodes is a fantastic landmark which draws thousands of visitors each year.
7. Part of a submerged volcano, the famous Caldera of Santorini adds a remarkable feature to the already amazing view from Oia.
Greece is full of wonder, history and culture. Desperate to discover it for yourself? See our villas in Greece now.