14 Reasons To Stop What You're Doing And Visit Malta
Valletta, an architecturally beautiful and historically rich city in Malta, was chosen by the Lonely Planet as the place to visit but we think anywhere in Malta is bucket-list worthy, with its prehistoric temples, hidden coves, and crystal-clear seas. We've chosen our 13 reasons to visit Malta. Stop dreaming, start planning...
1. It’s been voted one of Europe’s top diving destinations
There’s an abundance of reefs, caves and wrecks to explore, including WWII ships, and many fish and octopus to see. The calmness of the Mediterranean Sea means that the visibility is excellent, and the water is warm enough for you to dive up until December.
2. The Grand Master's Palace
A glimpse of history in the capital and an astounding collection of 16th-century goods. This was once the residence of the Grand Masters of the Knights of St John, who gave the world the famous eight-pointd star.
3. So it’s perfect for rock climbers who like a good sea-cliff route
4. The rustic architecture
You can stay in a traditional farmhouse, like this one...
5. Including these amazing Catholic churches with their Baroque facades and double towers, which are literally all over the islands
St George’s Basilica in Gozo is a must-see.
6. Gozo’s rugged coastline has attracted Hollywood’s film directors for decades. Because it’s so goddamn beautiful!
Troy, Game of Thrones, Gladiator, Captain Phillips and the TV adaptation of Brideshead Revisited.
7. You can try the delicious Pastizzi – one of Malta’s unique foods – it’s a filo pastry baked with ricotta cheese
Or Zalzett (a coriander flavoured Maltese sausage)
8. Valletta was voted no.5 in the Lonely Planet’s ‘Best in Travel 2015’ awards
9. There are some seriously cool fossils to discover
10. The colourfully decorated boats will make the perfect backdrop to your holiday photos
11. And Gozo’s beaches are peaceful and not too busy
12. Maltese sunsets are on another level
13. There are cheap flights from the UK to Malta
14. Take a journey on a Maltese Karozzin
You may think a horse drawn cart is just for special occasions, but no trip to Malta would be complete without a ride on a traditional karozzin.
If the glittering seas and technicolour sunsets of magical Malta have won you over, then why not see our villas and apartments in Gozo - our favourite Maltese island!